A walk...
The windows of my bedroom are never fully shut.I usually keep them open for some fresh air. Be it summer or winter, if I use the air condition or the heater windows were always open for a better air flow. I have known friends who suffocate their rooms to keep it warm. Being in mid fall the temperature drops low during the early hours of the AM. Time flies by so fast that it looked like yesterday when I was all gearing up for my India travel last fall. Fall is a gentle reminder that the winter is on its way. Fall reminds me of a transition. Its a beautiful phase, a phase that makes one realize that its the end of a beautiful happening. As rightly said a dying candle burns brighter, the fall makes the surrounding all bright and warm. It makes one ready for a tough winter ahead.
How simple is it to relate everything in nature to a human life. Just as season everyone's life changes with time, the aspect "time" is defined on its own and when its changing, everything around it groups so well to support the change. Rather I would say It creates a platform for the change to happen and it helps one to visualize the change happening around also it emphasizes to catch up with the change. Ironically the human heart is so attached to its past it doesn't realize, the change is going to bring about a beautiful future.
Friday evenings are the happiest hours in a weekday. I came home a little late than usual. I tried to finish as much work as possible so that I don't have a scary week starting of on Monday. I was supposed to go to gym that evening but since I came late from work, I brushed aside the idea of going to gym. Once I was done with my dinner I immediately swooped into my room to bury myself under the cozy blanket. But before that I opened the window a little more than usual. I realized the cold morning breeze would creep in without my notice and make me pull my blanket above my head and roll my thighs up to my chest which would make me look like a baby in a womb. The very thought was so warm - I raised the window a little more.
My bed sits right next to the window with the pillows against it. The first streak of morning light would hit directly on my face to wake me up. The next day being Saturday I had the liberty to wake up a little late in the morning. Closing my eyes I was experiencing the random thoughts before one goes to sleep. It occurred to me that I'm not a person who has a whole lot of dreams. My dreams are very limited. When ever someone says I had a beautiful dream yesterday, it makes me envious. I wish I had dreams. There were times when I went to bed thinking of dreaming about things. But to my dismay I would wake up the next day sighing - I never had any of those dreams. So when someone wishes me sweet dreams I used to tell myself what if it comes true. Dreams were treasures to me. It was not easy to forget my dreams. So when ever I had one they stayed in my memory far more than anything else.
I wished myself sweet dreams and I was floating of to sleep. I woke up early morning and as I was done with freshening up I felt like having a good coffee. Being a Tea person sometimes it surprises me, that I feel like having coffee. So I chose to take a walk to the Starbucks a few blocks away from my apartment. Its a decent half a mile walk. Early morning walks are a treat to me. They are refreshing, sometimes I jog a little, take a couple of deep breaths and swing my arms, if I feel a little playful I run zig zag on the road or hop sideways or start to kick the stones on the ground. I wasn't in the greatest of a play mood. Didn't feel like changing my sweat pants and T shirt. I walked down to the first floor and opened the main door - I saw it was drizzling outside.
I felt like walking in the rain. As I was walking it reminded me of the days in Chennai. It hardly rains in Chennai. Sometimes when it rains it pours, I used take a walk or even my Yamaha around the streets. Watching the water cut into two and splash of the tires, or for that matter looking into the sky when the water hits your face, sometimes somethings are better not explained about its beauty they have to left to be felt. I started jogging in the rain. It was a little chilly but as I was jogging it warmed up my body a little. I increased the pace a little till I turned into the main street and then I slowed back to a jog and gradually to a fast paced walk, I walked towards the coffee shop.
I picked up a coffee and started walking down the road. Out of nowhere I started humming a song, it started by an instinct and the surroundings were well within the mood of the song. Sipping my coffee and brushing off the water in my head once in a while, I was walking without thinking how far I need to go. I slowly realized I was walking away from the town. The two lane road narrowed to a single lane. The number of houses reduced and I could see the corn fields showing up in a distance. The drizzles grew into a rain and this time I realized I was getting really wet. Somehow it didn't change my decision and I kept walking. As I was going past the corn fields, I saw a path going through the corn fields. The view looked good. The corns formed the walls of the path. I crossed the road and started walking towards the path. A couple of weeks earlier would have earned me some corns. Thinking of the roasted corns with the spice and salt flavored with lime made my mouth water.
The corn plants were taller than me it made me feel a little lonely. I started to run with my arms stretched out and my face looking up into the sky. The path was a little bumpy yet I enjoyed it. I loved the way the water was hitting on my face. I couldn't see anything as the rain made me close my eyes. I kept running with my eyes closed when my foot hit something and I tripped over. I rolled over the mud and came to a halt. My white T shirt was all soiled. I don't remember giving it a thought. I raised my upper body to come to a sitting posture. That was a pretty good fall. I told myself and searched my limbs for any sign of bruises. Luckily I was not hurt but there was mud all over me including my face. I smiled and imagined how I would look with all the mud on me. It made me chuckle. I rested my body back on the ground this time facing the sky. I slowly crossed my hands behind my head and supported it. I swear I have never had a better feeling than this in my life.
Though my heart longed to stay I rose to my feet and started walking. I don't know why I do it but have seen a lot of people doing it. They would like to have a stick in their hand while walking in the woods. I found myself a nice thick stick and continued walking. A few yards later I started swaying the stick in the air. The sound it made against the air was so good. I love doing that. I was trying to hit the falling water. The rain started to thicken and I was dripping from top to bottom. The Rain was washing the mud of my body and clothes. I was beginning to enjoy the walk in a different level. I felt myself transforming into a kid. Rather I would say the whole situation evoked the kid in me. I realized how much I miss being a kid. When I never cared what others would think of me or what would happen if I did something. All those rules and stupid behavioral modifications and prejudices that were fed into my brains in the name of maturity. I realized I have turned into a selfish, cold hearted, emotionless commodity as I grow more mature.
Just as I was enjoying the walk I realized that I was at the other end of the field. The field opened into a forest. The path slowly vanished into the woods. Its been a long time since I walked into the woods, almost a decade I would say. The way I used to run when those tiny branches of the bushes and shrubs used to whip my face, arms and my shin, creating minor wounds. Without caring about those I used to run around as if there was no tomorrow. I wanted to do the same, so nothing stopped me from going inside. This place was no different. A few thunders made sure that the rain wasn't going to stop any moment now. It started to pour heavily. I stood by a tree where water was dripping of the leaves. I would wait for a droplet to be formed on the tip of the leaf and just as it is about to fall I would hit it with my index finger as if you would hit a carom striker. It reminded me of the days in Munnar when I used to do the same in the courtyard of my house.
It was so much fun, there was so much rush of feelings in my heart and in my brain it made me so light, I felt like dancing in the rain to my own tune and I started dancing. I simply loved the whole feel. Just as I was enjoying the moment I heard a distant song. The song was very different. It was not clear with the muttering noise the rain made against the leave. It wasn't hard to realize that it was a female voice. I started to hurry in the direction of the song. As I moved further and further the song became more clearer and clearer, there was something different in the song. It was simple yet soul stirring. She sung the song with so much of heart, may be she was just singing her heart, there was so much pain in the song. The song was so unfamiliar but at the sometime heart breaking. All the fun in me disappeared and I started running faster to find the source of the song. As I was running I noticed that the woods slowly cleared. The path turned suddenly towards the left and with the pace I was running and the muddy floor I almost tripped again but this time I balanced my self with my hand on the ground and lifted my body up. It took a couple of seconds for me to hold myself together, and I looked up. There lay before me the most beautiful scene I have ever seen in my life. Those kind that comes only in dreams. The song stopped. I turned around to see if there was anyone around but couldn't find anyone.
It was a beautiful pond. I turned to see the water, the water was clean, green and transparent. I could see the rocks on the floor of the pond. The small concentric circles the rain made collided with each other to make a bigger circles. It created a beautiful design on the surface of the water. But something was strange with the water. I had to wipe of the water in my face constantly with the back of my arm, water was dripping of my eyelashes making it difficult for me to concentrate. There were steams rising of the surface of the water. I slowly touched the water with the tip of my feet. It felt warm. Was the water warm? Was it a hot water spring? With all these questions I gazed around the pond to study its surroundings better.
While I was doing so I immersed my feet in water it was soothing warm. The pond was surrounded by bushes along its border. There was a small beach at the place where I was standing the sand was almost white. Towards my right around the curve was a huge tree and one of its branches was almost reaching to the center of the pond. From behind the tree the land slowly elevated to form a tiny hill. The hill slowly sloped down to meet the ground on my left hand side. Right opposite to me stood the hill showing its compositions. It was as if a wall was there and it was holding the water from the other side. The hill was made of slabs of slate rocks that were clinging on to each other exposing the layers. There was a small platform at about one fourth the height of the wall. The platform formed a pool of water above the pond and water was falling into the pond from the pool making a small falls at the other end of the pond. The falls was making a white froth against the green water. It was difficult to see the origin of water from the place I was standing. The elevation provided a very little view of the platform.
There was a distinct path to the platform above the pond, they were made of small circular stones. The stones resembled floating lotus leaves. I raised my head a little and stood on my toes to get a better view of the platform, on right hand side of the wall of rock against the small mountain was a another small layer of rock that came out from the wall making "U". It seemed a slab was hanging in the air. It looked like a very private area where a person could be unseen from the shore. That slab of rock did not go into the water it was a few feet above the water. If a person stood behind it it would cover him from his chest to his knee. The branches of the tree covered a part of that place making it more private.
I started walking towards the platform through the rocks in the pond. As I neared the the pool, I heard the song again. I climbed the platform to see who was singing, I saw a lady standing behind the slate of rock. She was singing while she was taking bath. The sound that my foot made against the water made her turn and see me, her eyes met mine. There was something in that eyes that was hard to explain. I was glued to her eyes. I tried hard to break the connection but my efforts ended up in vain. The rain was harder than ever but still I was looking deep into her eyes without even blinking. With the rain water washing her face and I could distinctly see two tear drops marking its trail against her smooth skin.
There was an unexplainable mental connection between us that I was asking questions to her in my mind and she would answer me back. It was shocking for me to understand that a conversation could happen without even uttering a word. I asked her "where are you from?", she calmly replied back "It doesn't matter", Shocked by her response in a very unusual manner I asked "What are you doing here?" she snapped back saying "Your seeing what I'm doing here" I didn't know what to ask and I was growing a little nervous when this stupid question came out I asked her "why shes here at this time", after a pause She said "To cry", Her replies made me more nervous. It was making me unable to continue a conversation. I have never felt it so hard to communicate to a person. Gaining some confidence in me I asked "Why are you crying?", she cut me out saying "You would never understand". I didn't know what to do.
I didn't want to continue the conversation in that direction and realizing I should leave the place I said , "I shouldn't be seeing you like this". She said "Its ok I'm behind the rock". I immediately replied "I'm sorry"she replied back "Don't feel so". I was straining my eyes. The irritation in my eyes was growing and I was not able to close my eyes. I didn't know who she was but I strangely remember the eyes though it was not all that familiar. I tried to turn away but she held my eyes in place, I was not able to move. I pleaded her to break me free. She didn't say anything. I said "Will I be able to help you in any way?" out of nowhere I could see a small streak of smile in her eyes. Then as if a spell was removed I was able to move my eyes. I felt more lighter. My eyes turned watery and I wiped my eyes with my forearm yet it was all watery. I tried hard to see through but the rain made it all the more misty for me to see. I was constantly rubbing my eyes against the back of my arm. I closed my eyes hard to drain of all the water in it and wiped it again. This time it was a little better. I saw her face and I could immediately recognize her. But how, when ... did she end up here?
While I was recovering from my trans she picked her dress hanging on the slate and dressed up and came from behind the slab. She was wearing a kimono (A Japanese dress) secured by obi (a wide belt around the waist to hold the kimono). But how come she was wearing a kimono I was even more confused. I told her "I'm sorry to intrude into your privacy by running into you at a very inappropriate time". she smiled back. I said "I'd better be going its getting late". She didn't reply again. I started walking back and I could feel she was following me.
She kept following me until I suddenly felt water being sprinkled on my face. I woke up from my sleep and saw that it was raining outside and water was coming into my room through the window. I pulled down the window and went of to sleep again.
Dreams are very rare to me and when ever I have dreams they don't go away from my memory. I treasure my dreams and this will be too.
How simple is it to relate everything in nature to a human life. Just as season everyone's life changes with time, the aspect "time" is defined on its own and when its changing, everything around it groups so well to support the change. Rather I would say It creates a platform for the change to happen and it helps one to visualize the change happening around also it emphasizes to catch up with the change. Ironically the human heart is so attached to its past it doesn't realize, the change is going to bring about a beautiful future.
Friday evenings are the happiest hours in a weekday. I came home a little late than usual. I tried to finish as much work as possible so that I don't have a scary week starting of on Monday. I was supposed to go to gym that evening but since I came late from work, I brushed aside the idea of going to gym. Once I was done with my dinner I immediately swooped into my room to bury myself under the cozy blanket. But before that I opened the window a little more than usual. I realized the cold morning breeze would creep in without my notice and make me pull my blanket above my head and roll my thighs up to my chest which would make me look like a baby in a womb. The very thought was so warm - I raised the window a little more.
My bed sits right next to the window with the pillows against it. The first streak of morning light would hit directly on my face to wake me up. The next day being Saturday I had the liberty to wake up a little late in the morning. Closing my eyes I was experiencing the random thoughts before one goes to sleep. It occurred to me that I'm not a person who has a whole lot of dreams. My dreams are very limited. When ever someone says I had a beautiful dream yesterday, it makes me envious. I wish I had dreams. There were times when I went to bed thinking of dreaming about things. But to my dismay I would wake up the next day sighing - I never had any of those dreams. So when someone wishes me sweet dreams I used to tell myself what if it comes true. Dreams were treasures to me. It was not easy to forget my dreams. So when ever I had one they stayed in my memory far more than anything else.
I wished myself sweet dreams and I was floating of to sleep. I woke up early morning and as I was done with freshening up I felt like having a good coffee. Being a Tea person sometimes it surprises me, that I feel like having coffee. So I chose to take a walk to the Starbucks a few blocks away from my apartment. Its a decent half a mile walk. Early morning walks are a treat to me. They are refreshing, sometimes I jog a little, take a couple of deep breaths and swing my arms, if I feel a little playful I run zig zag on the road or hop sideways or start to kick the stones on the ground. I wasn't in the greatest of a play mood. Didn't feel like changing my sweat pants and T shirt. I walked down to the first floor and opened the main door - I saw it was drizzling outside.
I felt like walking in the rain. As I was walking it reminded me of the days in Chennai. It hardly rains in Chennai. Sometimes when it rains it pours, I used take a walk or even my Yamaha around the streets. Watching the water cut into two and splash of the tires, or for that matter looking into the sky when the water hits your face, sometimes somethings are better not explained about its beauty they have to left to be felt. I started jogging in the rain. It was a little chilly but as I was jogging it warmed up my body a little. I increased the pace a little till I turned into the main street and then I slowed back to a jog and gradually to a fast paced walk, I walked towards the coffee shop.
I picked up a coffee and started walking down the road. Out of nowhere I started humming a song, it started by an instinct and the surroundings were well within the mood of the song. Sipping my coffee and brushing off the water in my head once in a while, I was walking without thinking how far I need to go. I slowly realized I was walking away from the town. The two lane road narrowed to a single lane. The number of houses reduced and I could see the corn fields showing up in a distance. The drizzles grew into a rain and this time I realized I was getting really wet. Somehow it didn't change my decision and I kept walking. As I was going past the corn fields, I saw a path going through the corn fields. The view looked good. The corns formed the walls of the path. I crossed the road and started walking towards the path. A couple of weeks earlier would have earned me some corns. Thinking of the roasted corns with the spice and salt flavored with lime made my mouth water.
The corn plants were taller than me it made me feel a little lonely. I started to run with my arms stretched out and my face looking up into the sky. The path was a little bumpy yet I enjoyed it. I loved the way the water was hitting on my face. I couldn't see anything as the rain made me close my eyes. I kept running with my eyes closed when my foot hit something and I tripped over. I rolled over the mud and came to a halt. My white T shirt was all soiled. I don't remember giving it a thought. I raised my upper body to come to a sitting posture. That was a pretty good fall. I told myself and searched my limbs for any sign of bruises. Luckily I was not hurt but there was mud all over me including my face. I smiled and imagined how I would look with all the mud on me. It made me chuckle. I rested my body back on the ground this time facing the sky. I slowly crossed my hands behind my head and supported it. I swear I have never had a better feeling than this in my life.
Though my heart longed to stay I rose to my feet and started walking. I don't know why I do it but have seen a lot of people doing it. They would like to have a stick in their hand while walking in the woods. I found myself a nice thick stick and continued walking. A few yards later I started swaying the stick in the air. The sound it made against the air was so good. I love doing that. I was trying to hit the falling water. The rain started to thicken and I was dripping from top to bottom. The Rain was washing the mud of my body and clothes. I was beginning to enjoy the walk in a different level. I felt myself transforming into a kid. Rather I would say the whole situation evoked the kid in me. I realized how much I miss being a kid. When I never cared what others would think of me or what would happen if I did something. All those rules and stupid behavioral modifications and prejudices that were fed into my brains in the name of maturity. I realized I have turned into a selfish, cold hearted, emotionless commodity as I grow more mature.
Just as I was enjoying the walk I realized that I was at the other end of the field. The field opened into a forest. The path slowly vanished into the woods. Its been a long time since I walked into the woods, almost a decade I would say. The way I used to run when those tiny branches of the bushes and shrubs used to whip my face, arms and my shin, creating minor wounds. Without caring about those I used to run around as if there was no tomorrow. I wanted to do the same, so nothing stopped me from going inside. This place was no different. A few thunders made sure that the rain wasn't going to stop any moment now. It started to pour heavily. I stood by a tree where water was dripping of the leaves. I would wait for a droplet to be formed on the tip of the leaf and just as it is about to fall I would hit it with my index finger as if you would hit a carom striker. It reminded me of the days in Munnar when I used to do the same in the courtyard of my house.
It was so much fun, there was so much rush of feelings in my heart and in my brain it made me so light, I felt like dancing in the rain to my own tune and I started dancing. I simply loved the whole feel. Just as I was enjoying the moment I heard a distant song. The song was very different. It was not clear with the muttering noise the rain made against the leave. It wasn't hard to realize that it was a female voice. I started to hurry in the direction of the song. As I moved further and further the song became more clearer and clearer, there was something different in the song. It was simple yet soul stirring. She sung the song with so much of heart, may be she was just singing her heart, there was so much pain in the song. The song was so unfamiliar but at the sometime heart breaking. All the fun in me disappeared and I started running faster to find the source of the song. As I was running I noticed that the woods slowly cleared. The path turned suddenly towards the left and with the pace I was running and the muddy floor I almost tripped again but this time I balanced my self with my hand on the ground and lifted my body up. It took a couple of seconds for me to hold myself together, and I looked up. There lay before me the most beautiful scene I have ever seen in my life. Those kind that comes only in dreams. The song stopped. I turned around to see if there was anyone around but couldn't find anyone.
It was a beautiful pond. I turned to see the water, the water was clean, green and transparent. I could see the rocks on the floor of the pond. The small concentric circles the rain made collided with each other to make a bigger circles. It created a beautiful design on the surface of the water. But something was strange with the water. I had to wipe of the water in my face constantly with the back of my arm, water was dripping of my eyelashes making it difficult for me to concentrate. There were steams rising of the surface of the water. I slowly touched the water with the tip of my feet. It felt warm. Was the water warm? Was it a hot water spring? With all these questions I gazed around the pond to study its surroundings better.
While I was doing so I immersed my feet in water it was soothing warm. The pond was surrounded by bushes along its border. There was a small beach at the place where I was standing the sand was almost white. Towards my right around the curve was a huge tree and one of its branches was almost reaching to the center of the pond. From behind the tree the land slowly elevated to form a tiny hill. The hill slowly sloped down to meet the ground on my left hand side. Right opposite to me stood the hill showing its compositions. It was as if a wall was there and it was holding the water from the other side. The hill was made of slabs of slate rocks that were clinging on to each other exposing the layers. There was a small platform at about one fourth the height of the wall. The platform formed a pool of water above the pond and water was falling into the pond from the pool making a small falls at the other end of the pond. The falls was making a white froth against the green water. It was difficult to see the origin of water from the place I was standing. The elevation provided a very little view of the platform.
There was a distinct path to the platform above the pond, they were made of small circular stones. The stones resembled floating lotus leaves. I raised my head a little and stood on my toes to get a better view of the platform, on right hand side of the wall of rock against the small mountain was a another small layer of rock that came out from the wall making "U". It seemed a slab was hanging in the air. It looked like a very private area where a person could be unseen from the shore. That slab of rock did not go into the water it was a few feet above the water. If a person stood behind it it would cover him from his chest to his knee. The branches of the tree covered a part of that place making it more private.
I started walking towards the platform through the rocks in the pond. As I neared the the pool, I heard the song again. I climbed the platform to see who was singing, I saw a lady standing behind the slate of rock. She was singing while she was taking bath. The sound that my foot made against the water made her turn and see me, her eyes met mine. There was something in that eyes that was hard to explain. I was glued to her eyes. I tried hard to break the connection but my efforts ended up in vain. The rain was harder than ever but still I was looking deep into her eyes without even blinking. With the rain water washing her face and I could distinctly see two tear drops marking its trail against her smooth skin.
There was an unexplainable mental connection between us that I was asking questions to her in my mind and she would answer me back. It was shocking for me to understand that a conversation could happen without even uttering a word. I asked her "where are you from?", she calmly replied back "It doesn't matter", Shocked by her response in a very unusual manner I asked "What are you doing here?" she snapped back saying "Your seeing what I'm doing here" I didn't know what to ask and I was growing a little nervous when this stupid question came out I asked her "why shes here at this time", after a pause She said "To cry", Her replies made me more nervous. It was making me unable to continue a conversation. I have never felt it so hard to communicate to a person. Gaining some confidence in me I asked "Why are you crying?", she cut me out saying "You would never understand". I didn't know what to do.
I didn't want to continue the conversation in that direction and realizing I should leave the place I said , "I shouldn't be seeing you like this". She said "Its ok I'm behind the rock". I immediately replied "I'm sorry"she replied back "Don't feel so". I was straining my eyes. The irritation in my eyes was growing and I was not able to close my eyes. I didn't know who she was but I strangely remember the eyes though it was not all that familiar. I tried to turn away but she held my eyes in place, I was not able to move. I pleaded her to break me free. She didn't say anything. I said "Will I be able to help you in any way?" out of nowhere I could see a small streak of smile in her eyes. Then as if a spell was removed I was able to move my eyes. I felt more lighter. My eyes turned watery and I wiped my eyes with my forearm yet it was all watery. I tried hard to see through but the rain made it all the more misty for me to see. I was constantly rubbing my eyes against the back of my arm. I closed my eyes hard to drain of all the water in it and wiped it again. This time it was a little better. I saw her face and I could immediately recognize her. But how, when ... did she end up here?
While I was recovering from my trans she picked her dress hanging on the slate and dressed up and came from behind the slab. She was wearing a kimono (A Japanese dress) secured by obi (a wide belt around the waist to hold the kimono). But how come she was wearing a kimono I was even more confused. I told her "I'm sorry to intrude into your privacy by running into you at a very inappropriate time". she smiled back. I said "I'd better be going its getting late". She didn't reply again. I started walking back and I could feel she was following me.
She kept following me until I suddenly felt water being sprinkled on my face. I woke up from my sleep and saw that it was raining outside and water was coming into my room through the window. I pulled down the window and went of to sleep again.
Dreams are very rare to me and when ever I have dreams they don't go away from my memory. I treasure my dreams and this will be too.
Comments
Oh After long time its nice .....Something I should say like kiddyyy for some time but ....turned out into something else...But really nice after a long time ...:)
Eagerly waiting for ur book :)